UNIT 03 : Role of International Organisations
Since adult education in the post- World War II period is marked by internationalisation, it is crucial to know which are the main institutions that play a major role in promoting adult education at an international level.
Some of the major organizations that have acted as catalyst in the spread of adult education are the Asian South Pacific Bureau of Adult Education (ASPBAE), the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation (UNESCO), the World Bank .
These organisations play multiple roles. They
- raise awareness regarding social issues
- provide technical support in terms of training staff and provision of the necessary resources
- promote better international co-operation, by bringing together organisations that envisage the goals of improved and people friendly governance
After reading this module, you should be familiar with:
- the major international organisations in the field of adult education
- the key roles of international organisations
- the main instruments used to perform these roles
Last modified: Friday, 13 June 2014, 4:17 PM