Picture of Nandita (INS)
Introductions Please
by Nandita (INS) - Wednesday, 30 April 2014, 6:11 AM

Dear Learners,

The course has begun on Friday 23rd April and the first week is meant for the group members to introduce themselves. Today is the 6th day and we are both waiting to hear more about each of you and developing a group identity and bonding.

Please do come online and share a bit about yourselves, so that we can then begin discussions on the subject on hand.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Warmly

Martha& Nandita

Picture of Dewi Hairani
Re: Introductions Please
by Dewi Hairani - Wednesday, 30 April 2014, 1:59 PM

Dear all.

I’m Dewi, I have been working been for almost 6 years as a counsellor in the Women's Crisis Center (WCC) of Sinceritas PESADA. I work on the issue of woman empowerment, children, poor families and other marginalized groups. I believe that this course will enrich my knowledge on “ Gender issues, Concepts and Trends”.

I’m really looking forward to have an interaction with you. I’m sure this course will bring me deeper understanding on my work. I’m so excited to learn more for the next 6 months.

Picture of Dewi Hairani
by Dewi Hairani - Wednesday, 30 April 2014, 1:57 PM

Dear all. I’m Dewi, I have been working been for almost 6 years as a counsellor in the Women's Crisis Center (WCC) of Sinceritas PESADA. I work on the issue of woman empowerment, children, poor families and other marginalized groups. I believe that this course will enrich my knowledge on “ Gender issues, Concepts and Trends”. I’m really looking forward to have an interaction with you. I’m sure this course will bring me deeper understanding on my work. I’m so excited to learn more for the next 6 months.

Picture of Nandita (INS)
by Nandita (INS) - Wednesday, 7 May 2014, 4:22 PM

Dear Dewi

Welcome. You already have experience of working on issues of gender and women and we look forward to hearing of your perspectives and views on the issues that are discussed. Your valuable experiences and insights will help other learners and build a sound knowledge base within the team.

Great to have you with us!

Warmly

Martha and Nandita

Picture of Amit Kumar Pandey
by Amit Kumar Pandey - Monday, 12 May 2014, 3:33 PM

Dear Martha, Nandita and other participants of the course,

This is Amit Pandey from Association for Social Development (ASD). ASD is an NGO working in the rural areas of Uttar Pradesh and Madhya Pradesh. I am happy to subscribe to this course and look forward to learn from all of you.

Thanks,

Amit

Picture of Sophia Lonappan
by Sophia Lonappan - Monday, 12 May 2014, 4:19 PM

Hi All,

I am Sophia closely working with Association for Social Development (ASD) an NGO relatively newly formed to work towards livelihood generation, education and health in the Bundelkhand region of Uttar Pradesh and Madhya Pradesh.

I am very excited to be part of this course and look forward to learning new perspectives and learn how gendered relations of power and the articulation of gender with other kinds of social difference such as 'race', class and sexuality have an impact in our everyday lives.

I personally feel the course outline is great, the facilitator are experts in the field and I am sure my classmates are bound to bring in new wave of thinking, I think these are just a handful of reasons for my interest in this course.

Look forward to more discussion rolling out

Best,

Sophia

Picture of Nandita (INS)
by Nandita (INS) - Tuesday, 13 May 2014, 7:10 AM

Welcome Dewi, Sophia and Amit! Look forward to your participation. I am sure all of us will benefit greatly from the rich experiences you bring with you. All the best Martha and Nandita
Picture of Nandita (INS)
by Nandita (INS) - Friday, 16 May 2014, 8:27 AM

Welcome Ramesh!

Its a pleasure to have you on board as a fellow traveller with us. We look forward to some rich discussions from you.

Please go to Unit 1 and post your comments in the discussion question.

Best

Martha and Nandita
Picture of Ramesh Kumar Tiwari
by Ramesh Kumar Tiwari - Wednesday, 14 May 2014, 8:00 AM

Dear All,

Warm wishes !

I am Ramesh Kr Tiwari,working with Association for Social Development (ASD) in finance section.

I am really excited to join at this forum and looking forward to learn  this meaningful course from all of you.

Thanks & regards,

Ramesh

Picture of Raj Shree Verma
by Raj Shree Verma - Sunday, 18 May 2014, 12:15 PM

Dear all Good Wishes for all I am Raj Shree, Faculty in Dept.of Rural Management at XISS, Ranchi, and teaching Economics and Women & Child Development papers. I am looking forward for this course to enhance my knowledge and to give some new to my students. Thank you