Picture of  Suman Bhanoo
Module-4 How to Use The Data
by Suman Bhanoo - Thursday, 24 April 2014, 9:35 AM

Dear All,

I assume you must be enjoying last module that is- How to Use Data. After going through initial modules, it must be helpful for you. May I request you all to kindly read it and share your  field experiences with all other fellow participants.

All the best

Suman

Picture of Ms. Anshu Singh
Re: Module-4 How to Use The Data
by Ms. Anshu Singh - Wednesday, 30 April 2014, 3:48 PM

Dear All,

I have gone through the Module on How to use the data. While mapping the slum and conducting household survey I was wondering how to use all the data collected. This module has given a clear idea on the use of data collected.

Anshu

Picture of Ms. Sandra Ferguson
by Ms. Sandra Ferguson - Saturday, 3 May 2014, 11:23 PM

I do not have any experience in Participatory Enumeration. However  mapping is now   being mainstreamed into many community development interventions.

The civil society sector in its Alternative Growth and Poverty Reduction Strategy for Grenada has identified inventorying community assets by a participatory mapping process as the priority intervention, followed by  participatory  analysis and the  development of community action plans.  Essential to this process is the development and strengthening of community organisation.  It is one of the reasons, as a civil society actor, that I have taken this course to strengthen my knowledge  re the process, the outcomes and challenges.

In respect of previous work, I now  now appreciate how a proposal to local Authority re process to be followed  for  regularising the status of "squatters" on a particular settlement can be strengthened and really build the capacity of the affected to advocate on their own behalf and how the "squatters"  can "act" on the Authority instead of the "Authority "acting on them..

Buhril
by Mr. Thang Paul Buhril - Saturday, 10 May 2014, 3:49 PM

1. In community surveys which in a time bound projects and the enumeration process where there exist animosity and mistrust within different community members / groups. Will it be wise to take a break and return to the process later as it involves time & other resources finances, human resources etc ?

2. Recently in Chennai , I have the opportunity to listen Joachim Arputham of SPARC on How Mahila Mandal is initiated and came into existence , Its an eye-opener and enriching , gain more knowledge and insights too.